Sunday 10 June 2012

My very first post, in more ways than one

Well here goes...................

My name is Kim and I'm married to Kev, my husband of  2 years. Together we have a beautiful little boy called Stevie who was born in the Spring of 2011.

This blog is primarily about my love of post (or mail) and how it touches my life but I expect I will veer of course regularly and it will come to also contain posts about food, crafts and family life.

I've always loved sending and receiving post for as long as I can remember. A lot of my family emigrated to Canada during the 70s and 80s so I got to know my cousins through the letters we exchanged as kids. I recently found a bag containing these letters and I spent nearly an hour reminiscing and having a good giggle at the things we wrote about. My Auntie Kerry also used to send postcards to my brother and I from the far-flung exotic places she visited whilst working on the cruise ships.

I must have caught the bug because when I was 11 or 12 I joined a penpal scheme run by Royal Mail. I was paired with 2 penpals, Susanna and Cristina, both from Spain. As I didn't speak and word of Spanish and their English was limited to say the least, our letters never really progressed from "Hello, How are you?" stage but I still remember the excitement, getting home from school to find the postman and visited and left post just for me.

There are a number a ways that nowadays I'm involved with sending and receiving post. This things take up a varying about of my time but each gives me great pleasure. I'll post more about them soon but for now...............

Happy posting

No comments:

Post a Comment